Privacy Notice – Digital Platforms
MARUHAN Japan Bank Lao is committed to protecting your privacy when you use MARUHAN Japan Bank Lao’s Digital Platforms. This Privacy Statement (“Statement“) explains how we collect, use, share, and safeguard your information when you use our Digital Platforms.
“MARUHAN Japan Bank Lao” “we” or “our” = MARUHAN Japan Bank Lao,
“You” or “Your” = Customers of the Bank and visitors of the Digital Platforms (including their representatives).
“Digital Platform(s)” = Our mobile applications, online services and other digital platforms.
Use of our Digital Platforms = Visiting any Digital Platforms owned and/or controlled by us including to access your accounts, use our Ask Noy, conduct online transactions, etc.; viewing or clicking on our ads on third-party sites that re-direct you to our Digital Platforms; interacting with us on third-party sites, etc.
When you use our Digital Platforms, you are expressly agreeing to and consenting to the terms of this Statement and by any use of our Digital Platforms you will deemed to have given your consent for the processing of your Personal Data as set out in this Statement.
|Data we collect||· “Personal data” refers to data that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) a particular individual, such as information you provide on our forms, surveys, online applications or similar online fields. Examples may include your name, previous names, postal address, email address, telephone number, domicile, nationality, PAN number, date of birth or account information.
· “Anonymous information” means information that cannot reasonably be used to identify a particular individual. Examples may include information about your Internet browser, IP address, information collected through tracking technologies, demographic information that you provide to us and aggregated or de-identified data.
· “Location information” means information that may be collected by certain mobile applications that identifies your physical location. This information may be collected from your mobile device’s location-aware features when you request certain services that are dependent on your physical location.
· “Device Information” means unique device identifier such as IMEI number, contact lists (in some cases), technical Data about your computer and mobile device including details regarding applications and usage details.
· “Biometric information” means information such as your fingerprint, etc. that you choose to provide to us for authentication and fraud prevention purposes. We will not collect your biometric information without your explicit consent.
· Other information such as information relating to your occupation and financial situation such as employer’s name and address (if self-employed, type of account, and nature and volume of anticipated business dealings, with the conventional bank licensee, income proof, bank statements, income tax returns, salary slip, contract of employment, passbook, debit card/credit card details, expenditure, assets and liabilities, source of wealth, signature, as well as your other bank account details;
· Generation and storing password or PIN in encrypted form based on your request on the Digital Platform;
· Your photographs;
· Social relationships detail such as your father’s name, spouse’s name and mother’s name;
· Behavioural details as to how to utilise our products, services, offers etc., your browsing actions, patterns and online activity;
· Records of correspondence and other communications between us, including email, telephone conversations, live chat, instant messages and social media communications containing information concerning your grievances, complaints and dispute
· Sensitive personal data such as gender, medical records and history;
· Personal data you provide to us about others or others provide to us about you.
|Purpose of collecting your personal data||· To personalize your Digital Platform experience;
· To respond to your inquiries and address your requests;
· To deliver marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you;
· To inform you about important information regarding our Digital Platforms, changes to terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
· To offer you our products or services which you may have applied for or shown interest in;
· To allow you to apply for our products or services (e.g., to prequalify for a loan, apply for a credit card, or to open an account, investment account, insurance or other financial product),
· To evaluate your eligibility for our products or services;
· To provide you with products or services you’ve requested, e.g. fulfilling a payment request or any other transaction
· To perform our obligations under KYC norms (e.g. sharing your information with third parties to verify details you have provided to us like your identity, to authenticate you and verify your information;
· To allow you to participate in surveys and other forms of market research, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which may contain additional information about how Personal Data is used and shared;
· To perform activities such as data analysis, audits, usage trends to determine the effectiveness of our campaigns and as input into improving products and services and enhancing our Digital Platforms;
· To improve risk control for fraud detection and prevention, to comply with laws and regulations, and to comply with other legal processes and law enforcement requirements;
· To allow you to utilize Digital Platform features by granting us access to information from your device such as contact lists, or geo-location when you request certain services;
· To use it in other ways as required or permitted by law or with your consent;
· To manage our relationship with you;
· To prevent or detect crime including fraud and financial crime, e.g. financing for terrorism and human trafficking;
· For security and business continuity and risk management;
· To protect our legal rights and comply with our legal obligations;
· For system or product development and planning, audit and administrative purposes;
· To enter into a contract with you or to take steps pursuant to your request prior to entering into a contract.
· To meet the legitimate interests to be pursued by us or by a third party.
|Who do we share your information with?||· With subsidiaries and/or affiliates in an effort to bring you improved services across our family of products and services, when permissible under relevant laws and regulations;
· With third-party service providers, vendors, data processors and/or agents who perform services for us and help us operate our business;
· Other companies to bring you co-branded services, products or programs;
· Statutory and regulatory bodies and authorities including but not limited to the Reserve Bank of India or the Securities and Exchange Board of India (including central and local government) and law enforcement authorities and entities or persons, to whom or before whom it is mandatory to disclose the Personal Data as per the applicable law, courts, judicial and quasi-judicial authorities and tribunals, arbitrators and arbitration tribunal.
· By using our Digital Platform or by agreeing to transact with us, you agree to the above sharing of information during your relationship with us.
|How do we collect your personal data?||· We use information about the devices you use to interact with MARUHAN Japan Bank Lao such as Device information and location information.
· When you provide your details in forms, surveys, online applications or similar online fields.
· We may record details of your interaction with us including telephone conversations with our call centres and other kinds of communication. We may use these recordings to check your instructions to use, assess, analyse and improve our service, train our people, manage risk and or to prevent fraud and other crimes.
|Retention of Personal Data||· We may retain your Personal Data for as long as required to provide you with services such as managing your account and dealing with any concerns that may arise or otherwise if required for any legal or regulatory requirements or for establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
· We may need to retain your information for a longer period where we need the information for our legitimate purposes for e.g. to help us respond to queries or complaints, fighting fraud and financial crime, responding to requests from regulators, etc. If we don’t need to retain information for this period of time, we may destroy, delete or anonymise it more promptly
· Temporary “session” cookies are also used to facilitate customer navigation within our Digital Platform during your visit. “Session” cookies are deleted once you close your internet browser. We may also use “persistent” cookies that are retained on your computer after your visit ends so we can identity your preferences and enhance your future visits to our Digital Platform.
· “Log files” are files that anonymously log actions that take place on a website. We may use log files to gather statistics about your browsing habits and to assess overall digital activity, including how many “hits” a particular web page is getting. Log files enable us to track interest in specific promotions, troubleshoot technical concerns, and provide content that may be of interest. We also use the log file entries for our internal marketing and demographic studies, so we can improve the Digital Platform we provide to customers and visitors. Log files are used internally only, are anonymous, and are not associated with any particular user, device, computer, or browser.
|Third-Party Links||· Clicking on certain links within our Digital Platforms may take you to other websites, or may display information on your computer screen or device from other sites, which may not be maintained by MARUHAN Japan Bank Lao. Such sites may contain terms and conditions, privacy provisions, confidentiality provisions, or other provisions that differ from the terms and conditions applicable to our Digital Platforms. Links to other Internet services and websites are provided solely for the convenience of users. A link to any service or site is not an endorsement of any kind of the service or site, its content, or its sponsoring organization.
· The Bank assume no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the content, accuracy, reliability or opinions expressed in a website, to which our digital platforms are linked (a “linked site”) and such linked sites are not monitored, investigated, or checked for accuracy or completeness by the Bank. It is the responsibility of the user to evaluate the accuracy, reliability, timeliness and completeness of any information available on a linked site. All products, services and content obtained from a linked site are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement, security, or accuracy.
|Security||· We take our responsibility to protect your information very seriously. We use physical, technical, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable legal standards to secure your information from unauthorized access and use, alteration, and destruction.
· We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal data within our organization. We require our staff and any third parties who carry out any work on our behalf to comply with appropriate compliance standards including obligations to protect any information and applying appropriate measures for the use and transfer of information.
|Social Media||· MARUHAN Japan Bank Lao may provide an experience on social media platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn that may enable online sharing and collaboration among users who have registered to use them. Please note that when visiting any official MARUHAN Japan Bank Lao’s social media site, you are subject to this Online Privacy Statement as well as the social media platform’s own terms and conditions.|
|Updating Your Information||· Keeping your account information up-to-date is very important. If you believe that your account information is incomplete or inaccurate, please contact us through channels available to you
· Banking phone +856 -21-266000
· Through your nearest branch –
· Write to us at [email protected]
If you prefer, you may call or write to us at the telephone numbers and addresses provided on your account statements, or you may speak directly with a branch representative, or your designated relationship manager.
|Updates||· If we make updates to our privacy practices, we will update this Statement with the changes. Any updates to the Statement become effective when we post the updates on this site. Your use of our Digital Platforms following any update to the Statement means that you accept the updated Statement and consent to the use and sharing provisions identified in the Statement.|